Victoria, also known as Rabat, is the capital city of Gozo, Malta. Despite being a small city, there are plenty of things to do and see in Victoria. Here are some recommendations:
- Visit the Citadel: The Citadel is a fortified city built on a hilltop in the center of Victoria. The views from the top are stunning, and there are several museums and historical sites to explore.
- St. George’s Basilica: This stunning church is a must-visit for those interested in history and architecture. The church was built in the 17th century and has a beautifully decorated interior.
- Independence Square: This bustling square is the heart of Victoria and is surrounded by several shops, cafes, and restaurants. It’s a great place to relax and people watch.
- Victoria Market: This lively market takes place every day except Sunday and offers a wide range of goods, including fresh produce, souvenirs, and crafts.
- The Old Prison: This historic prison was in use until the 1960s and has since been converted into a museum. It offers a glimpse into the harsh conditions of prison life in the past.
- The Folklore Museum: This museum is located in a traditional Gozitan house and displays a range of traditional Gozitan artifacts and crafts.
- Cathedral of the Assumption: This beautiful cathedral is located in the heart of Victoria and is known for its stunning Baroque architecture and intricate ceiling paintings.
- Villa Rundle Gardens: These picturesque gardens are located in the heart of Victoria and offer a peaceful escape from the hustle and bustle of the city. The gardens are filled with trees, flowers, and fountains, and are a great place to relax and unwind.
These are just some of the things you can do in Victoria, Gozo-Malta. Whether you’re interested in history, architecture, or simply want to relax and explore the city, there’s plenty to see and do here.